Earthsim versions 1 & 2 were developed from 2006-2012. Combining a high resolution planet simulator with a universe scale rendering engine let Earthsim work as an interactive 3D encyclopedia of the Earth and the surrounding universe. ‘cut scenes’ or documentaries would get triggered as you explore the living simulated universe.
As so much good work went into the Earthsim project, the original developers have decided to resurrect the project in the form of a game. The game will push out the features of the new Earthsim 3 engine. After the game is released the new engine can also be used to release a new version of the Earthsim 3D interactive encyclopedia, something we always want to make freely available at least in its baseline form.
For this next version we are going to focus on a living green ecology along with the water and weather systems that interconnect with it. Earthsim 3 will have the most advanced simulation we have created so far, one that combines all these elements into one unified interactive playable model.
Earthsim – The Green Machine
Imagine a beautiful living natural landscape, one you can fly over and view from any angle. It’s up to you to keep this world alive.
Can you survive the four seasons, 5, 10, 50 and 100 years? Or go for 1000 years to prove you have what it takes to build a world that can survive?
Rain falls, and water flows over the land as rivers and is absorbed into the soil. Trees grow and lakes form and dry out. Forests grow or die away into deserts.
Aim Of The Game – Build a resilient ecosystem and keep it alive through various levels.
Challenges include tidal waves, drought, volcanoes and meteor strikes.
Two play modes:
- Each level consists of a landscape that the player must master and keep alive.
- Each landscape has its own characteristics and challenges, starting from the simple to the more complex.
- Learn the various challenges encountered and build skills as you progress through the game
Build – Share
- Build / Sculpt your own landscape
- Utilize living simulation and real-time erosion tools or static feature brush
- Upload and try out your level with other users
- View and download top rated levels